When you think of Galveston with your eyes closed, there are a lot of things that you can visualize like the historic downtown, sparkling beaches, the Victorian homes, the cruise ships and let’s not to forget the cool bars, restaurants, coffee shops and retail stores. The brewing cottage industry of this island offers you an array of laid-back coffee shops where you can spot many people lazing around with a good book and their hands on some lip-smacking snack. You can start your day with a steaming cup of coffee to warm yourself up.Also, a successful business model can be discussed over a cup of coffee. Most coffee shops are seen offering a variety of coffees like lattés, espressos and a lot more.
What to expect from an ideal coffee shop
Since there are many coffee shops that you would come across, here is a guide for you to judge which are the best coffee shops in Galveston
- Good coffee–If the shop doesn’t offer good quality, dark, strong coffee, even if it provides high-quality customer service, it’s of no use.
- Cleanliness –Hygiene is always very important. A clean café indicates the staff cares about quality.
- Good vibes – A good café is a place where there is a feel-good factor in having a relaxed décor and cozy sitting arrangement. Some soft background music adds to the soothing ambiance.
- Menu – If you see there are many coffee options on the menu other than food stuff, then you’re eat the right place. But yes, a café should offer few types of sweet and savory options.
- Modern facilities–Looking at the latest facilities offered by most cafes, free Wi-Fi is something that everyone expects.
- Staff –A bunch of friendly and happy staff offering quality services makes the package complete.
- Accessibility – Last but not the least, accessibility plays a big role in drawing a crowd. If it’s not accessible, many people wouldn’t come to such a place.
Suggestions by Mitchell Historic Properties
Suggestions for some of the best coffee shops in Galveston by Mitchell Historic Properties are as follows. To learn more about the rest of the cafes suggested, you can take a look at their website.
- Tremont Café – Located inside the Tremont House Hotel, this café is a favorite of many people to grab a quick meal and some delicious coffee. Business travelers and tourists visit it frequently due to the speedy service. A 40-inch TV welcomes you from over the counter where you can witness the morning news. This friendly café offers a right combination of comfort and convenience along with its bistro-style menu.
- Starbucks–There are many favorable reasons why people love to visit this café. Being conveniently located at 22nd Street and Harbor side makes it an easy stop for almost everyone. Be it early in the morning or late at night, anytime during the day you get to taste their wide range of coffee and other food items. Their menu is a wide range including lattes, hot chocolate, cold brew coffee, frozen coffee drinks, cappuccino along with easy on-the-go snack options, pastries, sandwiches, salads, etc.