Mold is quite a tricky thing and it can grow anywhere. Sometimes you notice them and sometimes it goes completely unnoticed. Sometimes it is black in colour and sometimes it’s white. There are several products out there in the market with the help of which you can get rid of mold. But what if you could remove them using some of the ingredients available at your house? Let’s find out how to clean mold without using market products.
The Best Way of Cleaning Mold the Traditional Way
Speaking of the traditional way, all you need is a mixture of bleach and warm water. Here is how you do it:
- Take one cup of bleach and mix it in a gallon of warm water.
- Take a bristled brush preferable a medium sized one and dip it in the mixture.
- Now apply the brush on the mold affected area. Make sure to get the surface dry because moisture is what promotes the growth of mold.
- If you can’t reach the mold affected area you can also put the mixture in a spray bottle.
Bleach is considered to be very effective in removing mold. This is the best solution to apply in places like bathrooms, household rooms, and kitchen etc.
The Best Way of Killing Mold Naturally
Vinegar is considered to be the best when it comes to killing mold naturally. Here’s what you have to do:
- Take a cup of vinegar and put it in a spray bottle.
- If you are bothered by the pungent smell of vinegar then you can dilute it with water.
- Now spray the solution at the affected area.
- Let it sit for a few hours.
- Then use a brush to scrub the mold off.
Studies have shown that vinegar can also prevent the growth of mold when sprayed on surfaces prone to mold growth.
Situations Where Mold Cleaning Gets Difficult
At times cleaning mold may not be that easy and you may have to take professional help to get rid of the mold.
- In situations like where there is a lot of water clogging or damage and the growth of mold is over 10 square feet.
- When the growth of mold results from the contaminated or sewage water.
These are the two main situations where you may need some extra help to get rid of the mold.
Well, you can follow the tips mentioned above in order to keep your house mold free. If you need more information then, you can redirect to our existing articles.